If you’re in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area–or will be on October 10–please join me and fellow historical fiction lovers as we celebrate the release of my debut novel, Silken Strands. Here’s a sneak peek into what’s in store. I’ll share with you:
- A glimpse into the stranger-than-fiction real-life people and events of Oneida Community that I incorporate into the book’s plot.
- A sampling of the gems I discovered about Oneida during my on-site research at the Syracuse University Archives and the Oneida Community Mansion House.
- The inside scoop about the “little miracles” that happened on my research excursion.
- Some surprising ways my imaginary characters and events took shape as I wrote the manuscript.
- A preview of Shattered Faith, my hot-off-the-press novella.
After a brief talk and reading, we’ll move on to the prize drawing. Wonderful giveaways await the lucky winners! Refreshments, great conversation with other book lovers, and a book signing will wrap up the evening.
Here’s what you need to know to get you to the right place at the right time:
When: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Where: University of Northwestern–St. Paul, Berntsen Library, 3003 Snelling Ave., St. Paul, Minnesota
Who: Lovers of history and great fiction or anyone who wants to support me and my writing
Cost: FREE, of course! (and there’s plenty of convenient, free parking, too)
RSVP: At the Facebook Event Page https://www.facebook.com/events/2919252951633718/